AEM's ecology staff has over 20 years experience in providing National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and ecology services/consultation with numerous Federal and State agencies. These pre-construction ecological consulting services include the following;
- Due diligence investigations
- Wetland and stream delineation
- State water assessments
- Protected species habitat assessments and surveys
- Section 404 Clean Water Act federal permitting to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Stream Buffer Variance state permitting to the Environmental Protection Division’s Watershed Protection Branch
- Compensatory wetland and stream mitigation
- Avoidance and minimization strategies state/federal agency coordination
These services are provided for private, municipal, state and federal clients. AEM is also prequalified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) for the Ecology Area Class 106(e) with the Georgia Department of Transportation.
NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY ACT (NEPA)
AEM has staff dedicated to the successful investigation and documentation of NEPA categories for private development and linear transportation projects. AEM’s NEPA analysis involves formal or informal consultation with state and federal agencies to evaluate environmental and related economic/social effects of proposed actions for our clients. These agencies include:
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Federal Highway Administration (FHA)
- Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD)
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources (GDNR)
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO)
AEM is prequalified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) for the NEPA Documentation Area Class 106(a) with the Georgia Department of Transportation.
Ready to find out more?
Contact AEM for more information.